Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Another 2 complaints

My first post proper and it's a lament. :-(

Another 2 complaints from residents of Changkat. What irks me most about these complaints are :

1) they are groundless, and
2) those in "office" merely acted as messenger

Most of the complaints revolve around noise and soiling. Show me prove that our trainees are the ones soiling the place or forever hold your peace. On the same note, even if we get "evicted" from the training ground, can dog poo ever be rid of in that area forever? We are not the only ones with dogs, you know. What then? Start a "constituent campaign" to ban dogs in Tampines. And if that's successful, to extend the ban in the whole of Singapore? :-P

About noise. Show me a dog that doesn't bark (excluding those mute ones, of course) and I'll show you a fish that doesn't swim - a dead one. I have to admit that there are some barkings here and there but I don't think they are excessive. I've heard and come across barkings that are non-stop and excessive. Start a "constituent campaign" to ban dogs in Tampines? And if that's successful, to extend the ban in the whole of Singapore? :-P

I also feel that those who received the complain shouldn't just be a messenger. Find out exactly what the problem is and get prove from the complainant and then work with us. We are not unreasonable. If there are grounds (read proof) we'll be more than happy to do something about it.

By not "challenging" the complainant means that he/she is right even though the complain is groundless. This will make them bolder in future complains and less tolerant about things. They will kick a fuss about the littlest things and know they will get away with it. We should put a stop to this.

Singapore always wants to be first in everything. And if there's a competition or poll in which nation has the most tolerant attitude, I'm sure we wouldn't be anywhere near the first. Why not make this the first?

No comments: